Thursday, August 10, 2006

Laid Off


I was just reading Stew's blog about True Grit. If you haven't seen it its at : http://thecommunityofhope.blogspot.com/

His site is always very inspirational and these days I need all the inspiration I can get! I just got laid off at work and will now continue the oddessy of looking for a new job. At least the government has the sense not to push you out at Christmas time so at least I can give them credit for that. (Not everyone has that common sense!) I do have a sense of peace about this and am not fearing the unknown as I did before. I believe God will provide something that is right for me. So I encourage you to pray and please if you hear of anything shoot it my way!

4 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger Stew Carson said...

Joseph is a good example of a dream that started out. A teenager's dreams of making an impact on the world were met by scorn and then deadly violence by his older brothers. Being a slave in Egypt, hounded by false accusations of rape from the bosses wife, landing in jail, what ellse could a man overcome? Only after seventeen years of slavery, prison and exile was he redeemed and brought forward to serve Pharaoh, Egypt and even his own people. I know it won't take seventeen years for you Mike, but the same principles are guiding you that helped Joseph. Hang in the battle.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger RC said...

You are right Mike that Stew's blog is very inspirational.....I love it. This is a good man who is saying the right things that we need to hear and act upon.
Sorry to hear about your job loss. Thankfully there is much opportunity out there. Our best to you Mikey.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger J Man said...

Hey Mike, I totally agree with Stew. There is an annointing on your life that is greater than any job. You have a dream to fulfill, a mission to accomplish, a people to inspire.
God has used you to speak into my life a number of times over the last 6 years. Don't let Him stop using you.

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... It is a good blog. I could learn a thing or two about having a healthy self esteem. *blush*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home