Wednesday, June 21, 2006


It was for Freedom that Christ has set us free! Over the years I have resonated with the call to freedom. One of my favorite scenes is from Braveheart where William Wallace rallys the troups around the idea of Freedom. "All men die, but not every man really lives!" There is way too much phariseeism within the church. Legalism has become something that is wound up in "being holy" and "doing the right thing". When in actual fact God does not say do this or that, but it is men & women who put their interpretations and ethical standards on others. It really is unfortunate because we turn people away from God. And when we confront the pharisaical attitude we are often condemned for being hard on the person. I suppose we should expect it because that is what happened to Jesus.

1 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember growing up in a legalistic church... and it was torture.

Thank God that what I have now... was not altered by what happened in the days of my youth.

I know that there are people that have hurt and mislead the body... albeit some of them didn't know any better... and I pray God would bestow a special mercy for them.

BUT, it' very unfortunate when others do it with purpose. I would HATE to be one of those people when the time comes to stand before the Lord.

My prayer is that the body of Christ would be free in Jesus' name.

Liberty!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home