Monday, January 29, 2007

Getting Married!!!

This past weekend I asked Vanessa to be my wife and she finally said "Yes"!!!! All that wearing her down finally paid off! Actually, the kids and I asked her on Friday night. I had Levi and the rest of the kids ask her to answer a four part riddle that went like this:
1. What do you call the thing you need in order to give all your worldly possessions to someone after you die? WILL
2. If I were to spell tulip: TLIP....what is missing? YOU
3. What is Mike's grandmas name? MARY
4. Who do you want to spend the rest of your life with? MIKE

Then I got down on my knee and asked her and gave her the ring. She had tears well up in her eyes and she said "YES!!!"
We are getting married on July 7, 2007 at 7 pm and since there is 7 people in our family it is rather fortuitous. We are getting married at Community of Hope and will live in our new home together in our half duplex with 6 rooms. Just enough for us all. We are very happy and excited and there is much to do before it all happens. We need to renovate this house and make the kitchen functional. We need to downsize and get the kids rooms painted and prepared. WE MUST BUY A DISHWASHER!!!!!!!!!!! We have a wedding to plan and prepare. And since it is a second wedding we are keeping it small. Just a few friends and family members which is going to be very difficult for us to choose. So these next months are going to be very busy for us as a family. Pray for us as we make these changes and build our family. Thanks for your thoughts, prayers and encouragement!

12 Comments:

At 5:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woooooohooooooo! That's awesome, Mike. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you yet but I am really looking forward to it...if you can catch Vanessa, you must be an amazing man! So congratulations and all that crap. :P
PS You two are a great looking couple!

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Jim Hall said...

Mike, that's great news. I've very happy for you. I knew it was coming, but I was still surprised when you told me. Fantastic. I think it will be great for you both and all the kids.
I agree, it's a great photo of you and Vanessa!
blessings on ya!

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger EGB said...

Congrats!!!! That's so awesome you guys... many, many blessings!

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's great! Many Blessings to you.
Mikaela

 
At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Halle-freakin-lujah!!!!

I'm so happy for you both and for all of the kids. You have been blessed with an amazing woman. I'll be proud to call her family....and those three awesome kids too.

I love you all and wish you many years of happiness!!

Love Michelle

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Vanessa Sim said...

i love you my baby - you were much better than me at all the details on your blog about the engagement and wedding - i am so impressed - but hey, you are a very impressive guy! i am so truly happy (and scared)!!!

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mikey great news congras to the both of you, pretty cool

mesh

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger J Man said...

Congrats, Mike!

:D

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Stew Carson said...

I'm really glad you chose not to sing the Julio Iglasias song for Vaness before getting down on one knee to propose!

I'm really happy and excited for you and the gang. Perhaps Elvis will be retired and we'll begin to see a Sonny & Cher schtick!!

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Vanessa Sim said...

hey Michael - how about it . . . "I got you babe".

although i was kinda hoping to play priscilla presley on occassion (wink wink) - maybe jason could sew me up an outfit too!

 
At 4:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! I loved the ring. You're totally cool in my books!!

And because Vaness is my bestest friend in the whole wide world... you're gonna have to put up with my insanity!!! Whoo Hoo... (and there's a lot. :-p)

I can't wait to finally meet you!!!

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger DesignFiend said...

MIKE!!!!!

I am so happy for you. Can i be one of your close friends who gets to come to your wedding?

Chad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home