Thursday, October 26, 2006

Life is not Always as it Seems

A Couple of Months ago...


I got laid off at CRA and at the time I thought, "This really sucks! What an awful thing!" Today I am on the verge of getting a permanent full-time position with Service Canada and I have CRA to thanks for it. When they laid me off they gave my name to Service Canada to do a casual term position with them for a couple of months and then CRA would call me back. This tempoary position has worked out so well that they want to keep us all now. What seemed to be really "bad" has turned out to be really "good". This past week I went to COHO and Pastor Stew spoke on the following: (I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Here is an excerpt!)

The Wall

Week 7 of “Life Is Too Short To Be Wasted Being Mad, Angry & Emotionally Wrecked

The good times and the bad times are not always what they first appear to be.

One day, a young man’s horse ran away for no apparent reason and was subsequently taken by nomads across the border. Everyone tried to offer condolences to the young man for his bad fortune, but his father, a wise man, said, “What makes you so confident that this is not a blessing?”

Months later, his horse returned, bringing with her a magnificent stallion. This time everyone was full of congratulations for the son’s good fortune. But now the father said, “What makes you so confident that this isn’t a disaster?”

In fact, their household became richer because of this fine horse, which the son loved to ride. But one day he fell off the horse and broke his hip. Once again, everyone offered
condolences for his bad luck, but his father said, “What makes you so confident that this is not a blessing?”

A year later neighboring nomads mounted an invasion across the border, and every able-bodied man in the village was required to take up his bow and go into battle. They lost 9 out of every 10 men. Only because the son was lame did the father and son survive to take care of each other.

4 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that is a very deep and wonderful way of seeing what we don't always see as the Father sees.

 
At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Mike I put in a good word for the X-Men... I should expect that you will be having a "X-Men Movie Night" anytime soon.

Cam and I had our trilogy night Friday!!! Loved it, loved it, loved it!!! That's it!!! I want to be a X-Men.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Vanessa Sim said...

Pastor Stew blogged about THE WALL, now you have a take on it, I blogged a female version of the wall . . . wow, this is GOOD stuff. A great website for practical daily teaching is www.thecommunityofhope.blogspot.com
CHECK IT OUT!!

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Bob S said...

Hi Mike,
Thinking about you on your journey as you draw close to the Father's heart. We're all on the journey and man oh man have the layers been getting peeled away.... yikes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home