Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Ted Haggard


Along with many I have watched the news with regards to Ted Haggard over the last few days. First, let me say that I am saddened by the news of Ted's decisions. I have had the opportunity to listen to him and read his books and go to his conferences. He is an excellent speaker and a man whom God has used greatly. Over the last few days I pulled out his book called the Life-Giving Church and decided to refresh myself of its contents. When I first read it I was blown away with what he had to say because it resonated with my soul about what the church is to be. Two things struck me as I read it again. One- I still believe it to be true! It stirred my soul again with passion for this thing we call church and the body of Christ. Two- it reminded me of Ted's calling. In the book Ted shares his calling into the ministry and identifies with David. As I was reading this I thought: yes, Ted, you do have a heart like David's and you also have experienced the failure and sin that David did. So today I pray for you, for your family, for the Church, for the gay community and for Mr. Jones. Lord have mercy on us all. A friend sent me the following link which I have found very compelling.
http://time.blogs.com/daily_dish/2006/11/the_voice_of_je.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home