Thursday, March 25, 2010

Inspiring People - Part 1

I have been thinking of the people that inspire me these days. Let me share some of the highlights of my thoughts.

I am inspired by Lorne McAllister. Lorne is our coaching pastor at the church and he is someone with boundless energy. I am just getting to know Lorne but he is someone who has a great amount of energy and a very positive attitude. Lorne is not afraid to think outside the box and is passionate in communicating the ideas of God. He challenges me in my attitudes and my desire for ministry.

I am inspired by Ted Haggard the minister who had fallen previously. I like Ted’s books on ministry and the Church. His story of his fall and his desire to repent and make things right is inspiring. Now I know there is significant controversy over his recovery and restoration but I choose to believe the best about Ted. I have been rereading his Life-Giving Church from the perspective of knowing Ted and his moral failure. If anything, I have more respect for him now after reading this than I did before.

I am inspired by my friend Stew Carson. Stew is someone that has a keen mind and a desire to be an influencer of others. He is an active reader and incorporates what he learns on a daily basis. The thing that inspires me the most about Stew is his example as a father. I have never met someone that is so dedicated and passionate for his family. He encourages me to do better!

My wife Vanessa is the last person I will write about today. She challenges me to be a man of integrity and to live what I say I believe. She is a great partner and friend. Vanessa is one of the most intuitive and talented human beings that I know. She has a way of cutting through the crap and getting stuff done. And whatever she does, she does with a creativity that is impressive. I am grateful that God gave me her and she inspires me to not give up on my/our dreams.

1 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger Stew Carson said...

Wow Mike, it's humbling to be on that list. I know what you've told me about Lorne & he sounds amazing.

Ted Haggard as you know has been a huge encouragement & inspiration to me as well.

And Vaness, well she's fantastic!!

Heck you & I have found someone to say they'll love us forever - we're blessed indeed!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home