Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Devil in my Donut

“there is not a devil under every rock” is perhaps one of the most insidious lies that the enemy can tell us. As people who follow Jesus there are some of us who insist that while there is a Spirit World, we do not have to worry because it doesn’t really affect us hence: there is not a devil under every rock. But what if this is not true?

What if there is an actual devil under ever rock and subsequently a lot more spiritual activity taking place than we would like to admit? What if there are demons who vie for control or a place in our lives each and every day? What if there is a constant warring of spiritual beings going on around us that we just don’t see?

I am becoming convinced that there is a lot more spiritual forces who are at work than I realize. And to believe the lie that “there is not a devil under every rock” is to make an agreement that plays into the hands of the enemy.

Recently I have been praying about the forces that have consumed me when I am experiencing heavy circumstances. I ask God “Is something attacking me? Who is it Lord?” And God has given me the “names” of the demons that are attacking me. Then I resist the enemy by verbally confessing my need of God and that the powers of darkness have no place in my life.

I know it sounds pretty nuts!

But I have to tell you that I have experienced immediate freedom from a number of negative forces that were assailing me in the moment. Forces with names like: Despair, discouragement, lying and lust have all been pushed back and cast aside.

Today I am reminded to take my thoughts captive and be wary of the agreements I make with myself. Those agreement may just be the opening that the enemy needs to rob you of your joy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home