Friday, November 09, 2007

I love my Job!


I love my job! It is the best job I have ever had by far. It is a real career. I have had many jobs over the years and perhaps 3 jobs that have been careers, but this is the best by far. Not everything about it is perfect...at times I am bored like everyone else. But by and large it is the most encouraging environment that I have ever been in. And that is saying a lot because I work in the government. I have worked for christians who have definitely not been as kind or have had the integrity that this place holds. I find it funny that I had to come to the government to learn what true Christian service was all about. My job is about serving the public good. It is real service. It is valuable and makes a difference in the lives of Canadians. And I love it! I love being in an environment where you are encouraged to grow. Where your contribution counts and where you are recognized for your hard work. Yes, I actually do work hard when I am in a functional environment! I have never felt so respected at work. They endeavour to treat people fairly both monetarily and personally. And they do it with an uncommon grace for an employer. Sometimes I think the government is more like the church should be than the church actually is. It’s nice to still be in ministry of sorts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home