Friday, September 21, 2007

It Ain't Easy



It Ain't Easy
You think it's easy, you think it's plain
You think the frown upon my face
Implies the faggot knows his place
And it's that easy
You think it's easy, it's in the plan
You tend to hide the way you hate
I represent the reprobates
And it's that easy
But the world is changing faster than you know
I can sense your consternation as it grows
You deny the history of who I am
Take your comfort in the fact you'll see me damned
To spend eternity in darkness and in fear
Cause it ain't easy, you're too afraid
To take some ownership and try To find a way to compromise
Cause it ain't easy
You don't see what kind of monster you've become
You don't understand that love is all you've shunned
You're avoiding lessons learned in days gone by
Paranoid perpetuation of the lies
About the nature of the beast you see in me
In this world of doubt, in this world obscene
You waste your time obsessed with me
It should be easy, it should be plain
But though you speak of higher love
It's up to me to rise above
But it ain't easy

Lyrics and Music - Andy Northrup © 2003 R New House Up North Publishing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home